Magnet Court (1938)
Art Deco Terracotta Tiles
Magnet House on Gallowgate, built for the General Electric Company around 1938. Its facade includes thirteen 3’ square art deco low relief terracotta panels (in four different designs) showing human figures symbolic of power generation. Similar motifs were used on the interior of Battersea Power Station in the first stage of its construction in 1929-35.